Monday, June 13, 2011

Wedding Color Motif: DEFINED


Wow it’s June already, time really flies so fast. I can still remember the first time James and I talked about weddings, and now we’re into wedding planning. I feel that our wedding day is getting nearer and nearer, to think it is December next year. Okay enough for the ramblings, I’m here to talk about our wedding color motif. Yes, finally we have decided the colors we really wanted for our wedding, and it’ll not be just be two colors, but four ^_^

I love the color red. At first, I thought of using red as our main color, but when my friend told us that it’ll be their color motif for their December wedding this year, we’ve decided to change it. I remember deep purple was my color motif on my 18th birthday, so why not use the same color on my wedding day.I asked James if he likes the idea and he said yes. Actually, he really doesn’t care what the colors will be, his only main concern is  as long as it would be colorful on our wedding day then he’ll agree to it. My challenge was to find the perfect partner/s for purple.

 First combination: Purple, light blue and silver gray


 It looks good, but I think any shade of blue is a very common wedding color.  

Second combination: Purple, Teal and Silver gray.





I thought this second combination was THE ONE. Purple + Teal= peacock theme, but no,I don’t want a peacock theme; I just like the color teal because it’s refreshing to look at.  When I sent the mood board to James, he said it would be nice to have a touch of pink to it (No, my fiancé is a straight guy). I imagined how it’ll look like on our reception venue, and yes he’s right, nothing beats a touch of pink. Light pink/carnation pink for me is the best shade of pink to match our three chosen colors.

Third combination: Purple, Teal, Carnation/light pink, Silver gray.



This is our final wedding color motif. The colors in the style board were from the Pantone selection.They are not the usual colors, but they are still from the shades of purple,teal, light pink and silver gray.

I love how we ended up with this combination. For me it’s unique and it’ll look good on our wedding day. It’ll be the perfect combination for our indoor garden wedding reception setup.

Now for our wedding theme, French or Grecian garden setup? Hmmm…

Photos from: Dessgroup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment