Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hotel for wedding preps: Booked!:)

Again, I've been very very busy lately, so I haven't got the time to update this blog. Like they say, " Huli man ang magaling, naihahabol padin" So I'm going to share here today our experience on how we got Eastwood Richmonde Hotel. If you wanted to know our hotel ocular adventures, read my Wedding Preps Venue hunting Part 1 and 2.

Before I start, first, Happy hearts day to everyone ( though we don't celebrate V-Day in our religion hehe) and secondly happy monthsary to my one and only hannie, thanks for the flowers! :-*

Now for my story, last February 3, 2012, me, James and my mom went to Eastwood Richmonde hotel. This time we're not going there just to ocular but to book them. It'll be my mom's first time to see the place so I'm excited to see her reaction if she'll like it or not. By the way, I wanted to thank my current company because I got corporate discounts for this hotel. We have a lot of foreign visitors who stays there so they gave us  privilege rates.

When we finally got into the hotel, my mom was in awe and she really liked the place. She loves the stairs and the big chandelier at the middle of their lobby.The hotel is also connected to Eastwood Mall (Same owner) so it really is very convenient. She said,"You made the right the choice." and I was happy to hear that. We got there early so we waited for Mr. Edward Lim to accommodate us. Mr. Lim is the corporate sales manager of Eastwood Richmonde who handles our company's hotel rates. He's a nice, professional and good looking guy, so watch out all you single ladies out there (my mom asked him if he's still single, and he is).

We're very lucky that day because there are a lot of rooms available for ocular. Mr. Lim assisted us to view the following rooms below:
  • Superior Room (King Bed)
    -I can say this room is already suitable for the groom. It's not that spacious but it can allow several guests in it.
  • Deluxe Room (Twin Bed)
    - This is more spacious than the Superior room.There is more space to accommodate your guests and suppliers.
  • One Bedroom Suite ( Queen bed)
    - This is already suitable for the bride. The bedroom is separated from the mini living room. Just limit the people who are getting in the room or else it'll be crowded.
  • One Bedroom Premiere Suite (Queen bed)
    -I think this is the biggest room that we've seen. just like the one bedroom suite, the bedroom and living room is separated. The bedroom area is bigger than the living room.There is a divider between the living room and dining area that makes the living room look small.
  • One Bedroom Deluxe Suite (Queen bed)
    -This is the second to the biggest room. I like this room more than the one bedroom premiere suite because there is no divider between the dining and living room area that makes the living room look bigger. The bedroom area is smaller than the one bedroom  premiere suite, it's up to you if you like  a bigger living room or bedroom.
After seeing those rooms, James and I decided to get the deluxe room (king bed), one bedroom deluxe suite (queen bed) and the superior room (king bed). I prefer a bigger living room than bedroom because I wanted all my suppliers and guests to be comfortable on the day of the preparation.

I hope my blog helped those brides who are eyeing to get Eastwood Richmonde Hotel as their venue for wedding preps. My tip for couples is to visit your prospect hotels before booking them, so that you could feel what really suits your taste and estimate if it is enough for you and your guests.


4 comments:

  1. Hello sis Ann!

    We visited Eastwood Richmonde yesterday, and we were convinced that it’s a really good hotel for preps. Did you book the rooms directly with them? Or online booking? Coz I checked agoda, and they have better rates talaga. I asked the front desk if it’s safe to book online, he said that’s fine naman. But the thing is, Deluxe, Superior, and One-BR Suite lang ang mga offered rooms online, and I want to book 1-BR Deluxe for myself. Pano ginawa mo sis? :) Please share naman para I’ll have an idea.

    Lastly, how many nights did you book per room? 4:30 pm yung wedding namin so medyo alanganin. I duno if we should book 2 nights per room.
    Thanks in advance! :)

    Cheers,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis Joyce,

    Wow, ikaw first nagcomment sa blog ko, thanks ha hehe :D Kasi I got corporate hotel discounts from my company, kaya nagbook kami sa Eastwood Richmonde hotel through our company's corporate manager. Okay lang magbook sa agoda kasi mas mababa talaga ang rates nila compare sa actual price ng hotel pero yun nga limited lang ang rooms na available nila online.

    We booked 3 rooms, yung deluxe king and yung one bedroom deluxe suite overnight ( the night before the wedding), tapos yung superior room para sa amin ni hubby after wedding na dun kami magstay ulit :)

    your welcome sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sis Ann!

    I'm looking for a hotel right now and super helpful ng blog mo :)
    Great find nga yung eastwood richmonde.. Sa pics pa lang ganda na talaga :))
    Btw sis, yun bang windows sa suite room is floor-length glass window sya?
    Yun naman kase isa sa mga hinahanap ko aside fr great lobby and staircase :))

    Thanks sis!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis Erin,

      Yup! sa pagkakatanda ko full length glass window ang mga suites nila :) meron lang kasing some cabinets covering the lower parts of the window, pero may areas na walang cabinet naman hehe.

      Thanks Erin for the comment :D

      Ann

      Delete