Saturday, June 18, 2011

HMUA: booked! :)

Today, My mom and I attended the Themes & Motiffs Wedding Summit at PICC, Complex to book my preferred make-up artist- Val Villarin. We had a hard time going to the venue because we don't know how to get there. We took the MRT Taft>LRT Vito Cruz Route from Trinoma, and asked a street vendor along Vito Cruz where the CCP terminal is. It's located on the other side of the street, and the CCP Complex jeepneys are color orange. The jeepney driver dropped us ( my mom, a bride to be passenger with her mom too) at the main PICC building but the event was not there, It was located at the PICC forum building, the first building before the main building. We walked again for a few meters under the uber hot sunny weather to the PICC forum building ( don't ask my mom had her tantrums again hehe).

When we got there, the only thing in my mind to do was to search for Val's booth. I pencil booked him a month before the event, exactly 1 month ( May 18), thanks for my officemate who told me that Val will be in the said bridal fair :) Val was my officemate's makeup artist on her wedding day and I like how he made her look stunning.

When we arrived at his booth, there's no Val in sight,not even a single makeup-artist. Because one, we're early and second Val has a wedding service today. We asked first their receptionist Mitch and she gave us the regular rate. My mom told her " Ay hindi ganyan ang usapan nila, pwede makausap si Val sa phone?" hehe,so Mitch immediately called Val on his cp. I talked to him but he's busy doing a client's makeup (bride) so he gave the phone to Mike. Mike was easy to talk to and he gave me afforable package rate and freebies.:) After booking Val's services, we checked other suppliers like photo booth, bridal cars and wedding rings. I'll just wait for James to get back here before we book these suppliers, I want him to experience the bridal fair thingy hehe. I envy couples roaming around the fair looking for suppliers, but I know when James gets here, It's worth the wait :)

We already booked a lot of suppliers this early, and I'm glad to say I got a lot of good deals :) hopefully we're not going to exceed our target budget :)

Just happy to have my preferred makeup-artist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment