Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Dream Couturier

I already booked my wedding gown couturier and I'm well satisfied with his sketch. I'll just come back next year for some minor revisions to my wedding gown top design. But of course, like everyone else, I also have a dream designer that I can't afford hehe.

While browsing for my gown inspirations, I've ended up getting images from Vera Wang, Pronovias, and Alvina Valenta. I kinda mixed their designs so that I could come up with my dream wedding gown. I love those designers but just recently, I've discovered this great local wedding gown couturier named CARY SANTIAGO from Cebu city. Yes, he's not a foreigner, he's a FILIPINO! people like him makes me very proud of my nationality. I super looovveeee how he incorporate laser cutting and intricate pleating to his  gown creations. I saw laser cut wedding invitations before, but I didn't know that it can also be applied to fabrics :D

I really love his AVIAN wedding gown collection the he showcased in Shanghai, China for the China Fashion Awards 2010, wherein he won to the international designer of the year award . That day, the models looked like sexy swans walking the runway while wearing Cary's works of art. He also created a Barbie wedding gown collection that was auctioned for the benefit of Ballet Philippines. I'll post some of my favorites from his collection, and for sure your jaws will drop while looking at fabulous gowns!

Below are some of my faves from his AVIAN gown collection:











This is my most favorite gown, from this collection


 

Next is his Barbie wedding gown collection for the benefit of Ballet Philippines:





Aren't they jaw dropping? Someday, If I can afford to get Cary on my 25th wedding anniversary, for my future daughter or grand daughter's wedding, I'll definitely get his services :)

Photos from stylebible.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment