Tuesday, September 13, 2011

String Quartet: Booked!

Today is special for me and for the Filipinos because one, it is my 1st year at my current work ( yehey!) and two, Ms. Philippines Shamcey Supsup won 3rd runner up at Ms. Universe Pageant 2011 ( Kudos and congrats Shamcey!). Anyways, I'm still at work but I'm kinda bored hehe. I already know the info I needed for my new task, but I'm just not in the mood to start yet :D So for some ice breaker, I'm going to share our latest wedding preps update, we already have a string quartet for our reception yipee!!:D

James really loves music. He knows how to play guitar, that's why he told me that he will be the one to choose who will be our string quartet. The string quartet we booked was my first choice, I told him about them before, but that time he wasn't that interested with wedding preparations yet hehe. So weeks have passed, while researching again for new suppliers, I came across another string quartet that plays modern songs, so I became interested with their services. I even emailed the team's manager and inquired regarding their current rates, and we decided to pencil book them. Unfortunately, because of some undesirable circumstances, we have to change plans because of our new budget. The current rate of the quartet I wanted to book was somehow expensive, so we decided to research another string quartet that plays well and within the price range we set aside for it.

One day, James sent me some links of string quartets to choose from. I checked the sites he gave me, and found one with good feed backs so I emailed them immediately. I called the team's manager, and asked for their rates,but when he found out that our wedding will be December next year, he said he's not sure if he could book us this early . Upon knowing this, I decided to look for another group until I remember that the first string quartet that I liked was within our new price budget, so I immediately popped their site to James.

Their site was reconstructed and with new video files. This time, their new videos are in HD format so you could hear their performance clearly. James loved their music and how they performed so he said to me,      "Han, okay na ito, i-book mo na sila kaagad." The string quartet that I'm talking about is the LEGGIERO STRINGS AND CHAMBER ORCHESTRA.

Last Friday, September 9, 2011, we had a meeting with Mr. Jack Yapchulay. He's one of the pianist in Leggiero and the other one is his wife, Mrs. Merlie Yapchulay. They are a family of musicians, his 3 kids play the violin and cello, how cool is that?:D We set the meeting around 7-7:30 p.m. at Figaro, Shang-rila Mall at Mandaluyong. I'm with mom and we got in the place early so we just bought hot choco and frap to pass the time while waiting for him ( Sis Ayeth didn't come because she has an early event to attend to the next morning). I texted him again around 7:30 pm, but he said I got the wrong number so I texted Mrs. Merlie for confirmation. He got in our meeting place around 8pm (kinda late from our agreed time, good thing we're really not in a hurry). He apologized for being late and told me that he didn't read my text message well, so he thought I texted the wrong person. He's a nice guy with a lot of stories to tell. He told us their performances on other events and weddings, mingling with celebrities and how intelligent and talented his kids are. By the way, their family joined the talent show contest on TV 5 named TALENTADONG PINOY because of their son who loves to join talent contests.

Good thing we decided to book them this early because they're going to increase around 2-4k next year. Another nice thing about them is they can also play modern songs like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars...etc. I really wanted to have a string quartet that can play both modern and classical songs in our reception so that's really a plus factor to me.

If you wanted to see their performances, here's their website: http://www.leggierostrings.com/


Hurry and visit their site now, so you could still avail their old rate for the year :D

No comments:

Post a Comment